Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Snowy the Snowman

Friday, March 8th, we got hit by snow...hard. Not the two feet that dumped on Ohio, but still, a good 10 inches. Sunday, I went out to do my duties of shovelling the pathway from the car to the house when I realized this wasn't just your ordinary, powdery snow, it was good hard packing snow! Well, do you think I'm going to pass up the opportunity to build me a snowman?? HECK NO!!

(click on pictures to enlarge)

Snowy, as I call him, began humbly enough with a small base.



I quickly figured out that the base was way to small, so I began to add to it.



It became apparent that my original idea of building three spheres and stacking them was not going to work...



So, I grabbed for more snow, and decided to make one big mound, then sculpt it into Snowy's final form.



I added snow...



...and more snow, til I decided this was just as high as I felt like going.



Then, I worked on smoothing Snowy's body out with a nice cold, snow rub down.



The next step was shaping the head, as you can see below.



Then, I notched out Snowy's body.



A little more smoothing to the head.



Some finishing touches...



Voila!! Me and Snowy, Friend's Forever!!



And you know friend's help friends, so I gave Snowy the shovel and let him finish up...I found out a little later that Snowy sucks at shovelling snow. He claimed it was "too sad...it's like I'm scraping up my dead snow friends." Wuss!



All in all, it took about an hour and a half, but I had fun. Then the sun came out, and I had to re-name Snowy as Michael "Snowy" Jackson cause his nose fell off. A couple hours later, I re-named him again as Chunk "Snowy" The Big Goon from Goonies cause his eye started to snag real low on his face, and he kept screaming "HEY YOU GUYSSSSSS!"

By the next morning, Snowy was pretty much completely gone. But we'll always be friends!!

(Dedicated to the memory of Snowy...the Michael Jackson/Chunk Snowman!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice snowman! Sue