Monday, March 14, 2005

A Star Is Born

I'm a big music fan. Love The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, etc, etc, etc. however, I'm not a big Country music fan. I really don't know why, because there are some really good country tunes out there, and a lot of the people I like have been linked to some form of Country in the past...like Bob Dylan (Nashville Skyline) or Roy Orbison.

Last Saturday, however, I enjoyed two hours of country music by a wonderfully talented up and comer named Judy Sutton. I bet a lot of you have heard of her...probably because she's my Aunt and a lot of people who read this blog are related to her in some fashion.

She really is an amazing singer in the vein of Patsy Cline, or...ok, coming up with any Country artist was a stretch, but she sang 3 Patsy Cline songs, and totally torn them up, so I will go with that.

Aunt Judy just signed a record contract with True Country Records

www.dmirecords.com

Check out the link so you can read all about her, buy her single "There's Not a Wrong Way (For You to Love Me Right)", sign her message board, and check her progress.

Also, I highly encourage you to hear her song, which has reached #1 on the Country and General Country Independant Charts, at

http://www.soundclick.com/pro/?BandID=301369

Any one who likes country music, or ME should go and support my wonderfully talented Aunt!! I hope to have a link to her up on my sight soon, if Becky can figure out how to do that (she's so smart, I figure she will have no problem!!)

No comments: