Friday, February 24, 2006

The Final Table

Tonight is a big night.

Tonight I get to see if the countless hours of Arm-Chair Texas Hold 'Em Quarterbackin' will pay off. I am going to compete in my first Texas Hold 'Em tournament. I have the knowledge from The World Series of Poker (check your local listings for times and channels), I have my floppy Salty Dog hat to cover my eyes, and I have my $5 buy in. I'm ready to rumble.

Before I meet the likes of $2 Doli, Big Mama, and the Blackwidow, I must first take a crash corse from the greatest player of our generation...the Gambler.

He gave me some good advice, but what sticks with me is the following:

1. You have to know when to hold 'em.
2. Know when to fold 'em.
3. Know when to walk away.
4. Know when to run.

Good advice. The last thing the Gambler told me was:

1. Never, ever ever ever... under any circumstances, NEVER count your money when you're sitting at the table, cause there will be time for countin' ... when the dealing is done.

Now THAT is an ACE I can keep.

Thanks, Gambler!! Wish me luck!!

No comments: