Friday, February 03, 2006

TONY'S TOP TEN SUPER BOWL XL PREDICTIONS

The National Football League is holding Super Bowl XL (that's 40, for those of you who don't read Roman Numerals) in Detroit, Michigan this Sunday, the 5th day of February. The game will feature the Steelers of Pittsburgh, vs the Seahawks of Seattle. In keeping with the festive nature surrounding the game, I felt it necessary for me to don my Nostradamus hat, and make a few predictions about the game.

Without further ado, here are:

TONY'S TOP TEN SUPER BOWL XL PREDICTIONS

VS.



1. The Pittsburgh Steelers will be victorious, scoring 35 points.

2. The Seattle Seahawks will be defeated, scoring 24 points.

3. Jerome "The Bus" Bettis will score a rushing touchdown, throw his arms in the air and scream...then the camera will cut to his parents cheering in the crowd, while the announcer talks about how "The Bus's parents have never missed one of their son's games."


Jerome Bettis

4. The announcers will re-hash the whole "This is Bettis's last game, and how fitting is it that it is in his hometown of Detroit" story at least 5 times, and I also predict an NFL Sob Story "Looking Back" segment before the game that features Bettis and his career, and the Detroit link.

5. Ben Roethlisberger will pass for 350 yards...

6. ...he also will gain MVP honors. (I wouldn't be surprised if Bettis gets the MVP, seeming the Detroit connection, and the fact this is his last game...in his hometown).

7. Seahawk running back, and MVP of the NFL, Shaun Alexander will rush for under 100 yards.



Shaun Alexander being gang tackled.

8. After the Steelers gain the victory, the announcers will be quick to make comparisons between Ben Roethlisberger and Patriots QB Tom Brady. I also predict the announcers will go as far to say the Steelers will be the next NFL Dynasty.

9. Aretha Franklin WILL NOT have a wardrobe malfunction while singing the national anthem, and by the grace of God, neither will Keith Richards while performing at halftime.

10. I will sit alone in front of my 60 inch TV, and cry a single tear because everyone made plans to watch the game with other people.


Check in Monday to see my accuracy rating!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your predictions, and I will be anxious to see if they come true. I always do a Super Bowl paper with my students. We graph who they want to win. We talk about Roman numerals! They have to answer some geography questions and tell me about the meanings of seahawk and steeler. It is a lot of fun!