Friday, December 07, 2007

5 More Things That Make Me Mad

I was driving home from work the other day and the radio DJ said something that made my skin boil...but we'll get back to that in a minute. First, I would like to share with you a list of 5 things that make me mad (keep reading, the radio story is coming up at # 1...how's that for a tease??)

#5: TV Show "Adults" are now younger than me.

I'm a big fan of TV, as you all know (or should know by now), but it wasn't til recently that a light bulb went off in my head. I was reading about the Writer's Strike on Jenna Fischer's MySpace page (she plays Pam Beesley on The Office, for those of you not in the know) and I happened to glance over to see that she's 28 years old. 28!! Damn, a full 2 years younger than me. I guess this bothers me because when you are younger, you fantasize about the cool jobs you see on tv (you know, Jenna Fischer plays a receptionist!!) and you think "when I grow up..."

Well, when the heck did I grow up? I'm not complaining about my job...heck, I'm at my job as I type this...I'm just saying, getting older is a hard pill to swallow.

(Check Jenna's MySpace at: Jenna Fischer's MySpace

#4: Eating Alone.

I guess this one makes me more sad than mad, but still. I use to go out for lunch with Becky...now she works in Shelbyville. Then I went to lunch quite a bit with my cousin, Scott...now he's in Batesville. Now when I go to lunch, I eat alone. Maybe I should stop eating out so much...

#3: Typing Errors.

First, before you call me a hypocrite, let me explain. We all make mistakes. We all occasionally spell a word wrong, or use grammar incorrectly, it happens. What I am referring to is one word in particular...well, technically, it's two words.

A LOT

I physically cuss the computer when I see some one spell it as one word, "alot." Kids, "alot" is not a word. Period. It's a lot, two words. Need a way to remember that? Think of this sentence: "Would you like a little, or a lot?"

Now, would you ever in your life type "alittle" as one word? No, everyone knows a little is two words!! Well, A LOT IS TWO WORDS, TOO!!!

Ugh, I hate that one.

#2: Victoria's Secret.

Watch this clip, if you can:

Victoria Secret Commercial

Ok, if you are like me and don't want to leave this post to watch a video, I'll recap:

The video shows Victoria Secret model Miranda Kerron in the newest bra from VS. She has on some wings and she is reciting a little (not alittle, but A LITTLE) limerick.

Here is the limerick:

"There once was an angel so fair,
Whose bra was lighter than air.
The reason you see,
and it's no mystery,
her bra cups were made out of air."
-------

Ok fine reader's...would you like to know Victoria's Secret??

Shhh, don't tell anyone...

THE STUPID COMMERCIAL WRITER'S RHYMED AIR WITH AIR!!! Oh Moses smell the roses!! That makes my head explode!! Honestly, you couldn't find another word that would have fit in there?? Bare, chair, hair, lair, mare, nair, pear, stair, tear...

How about this:

"There once was an angel so fair,
She made people stop and stare.
The reason you see,
and it's no mystery,
Her bra cups were made out of air."

If VS would have went with that, I wouldn't bust a blood vessel every time that stupid commercial comes on. Never, never, ever ever ever rhyme a word with itself...take note all you budding limerick writer's, poets, song writer's, and bathroom wall scribblers!!

(Oh, and before you guys out there go crackin' wise about "I watched the commercial and I didn't even realize she said anything!" and/or anything about my being gay, let me just add that I am very thankful for the Mute button...because Miranda Kerron is extremely hot...so, shut it!!)

#1: DJ's

Hello again, thanks for reading down to #1...I knew that little tease at the top would work, you silly readers...so, how's it going? Having fun? No? Dang...just keep reading, please?!?

You know in a previous post, I ripped radio stations for cutting songs off before they are over. If you haven't read it, do so here: 5 Things I'll Never Understand Well, I have a new complaint about radio "DJ's."

I was listening to the radio, and "Rebel Rebel" came on. I like Bowie, so I listened and sang along as best I could remember. When the song was over, the DJ came on and said:

"That was "Rebel Rebel" by David Buoy." Yes, I realize he didn't spell it out, but he pronounced it Buoy (like a floatation device in the water) instead of BOWIE rhyming with Joey. For those readers who didn't know how to pronounce it, or maybe to those who aren't old enough to know who David Bowie is...I will give you a pass, because not everyone knows how to pronounce every name...I understand that.

HOWEVER, I can NOT give a pass to a radio DJ when they can't pronounce the name of a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted musician ON THE RADIO. What's next...

"Hope you all enjoyed "Heartbreak Hotel" by the King of Rock n Roll, Alvis Prasley..."

I hope that guy got fired. Ok, I don't hope he got fired, but I certainly hope he got a stern talking to!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel any better, Pam Beesly is 28, but Jenna Fischer is 33. :-)

Gillespie said...

Well, that changes everything!! I do feel better. I'm just not sure if I feel better because Jenna is really 33, or because that comment was posted by "anonymous" which, in my mind, means it was posted by the ACTUAL Jenna Fischer, making this my first celebrity comment!!

Thank you, Jenna, for posting on my site...hope you enjoy. Please email me if you are a fan (or drop a comment on my MySpace page)...I'd love to know you are a fan!!

Anonymous said...

I feel the need to comment on each thing that makes you mad. #5 Try turning 40 this year!!!! Yes, I know it is hard to believe I will be 40 soon. #4 Yes, you should pack! You will save money to spend on records! #3 Go, T! The teacher in me is backing you all of the way. You know what really bugs me?! I can't stand it when they show names beginning with lower case letters! That is just not right! #4 You should write the commercials for Victoria Secret. I liked yours better. #5 DJ's should know how to pronounce names because that is their job! Sue