Monday, November 03, 2008

Vote !!!

There are a few things that I try desperately not to talk about on this blog. One is religion...and another is politics. It's simple really, with both you seem to get a lot of, in my case, unwanted attention. But today, on the eve of a monumental Presidential election, I just wanted to drop a post to encourage everyone to vote!

Yes, vote. Republican, Democrat, Independent, or whatever you want. A lot of people have fought and died so you can have this privilege, so go out there and do it tomorrow!!

Funny side story...

Becky and I were driving out of our town when Becky went on a rant about one of the political signs we saw.


(The sign in question.)

Becky: "There's no way I'm voting for that guy!"

Me: "Who? Vest?"

Becky: "Yep, I mean look at that huge sign and he can't even put Elect Vest FOR Coroner...just Elect Vest Coroner. I mean, how hard would it have been to put FOR in there...it's a huge sign, he had the room."

Me: "Maybe his name is Vest Coroner...you know, Vest Coroner, Attorney-at-law...I'll take crime off the streets!"

Becky: "That's not what a Coroner does..."

Me: "Whatever."

Becky: "Well, I'm not voting for him."

Me: "Is he a Democrat or Republican?"

Becky: "I don't know..."

Me: "Maybe that's what the signs of people running for Coroner usually say."

After driving a few blocks we came upon Vest's opposition...Allen Smith. His sign said "Elect Allen Smith for Bartholomew County Coroner"...it was a little yard sign, too, which made Becky's mind even MORE made up.

Becky: "See, he has a small sign and he can fit all that in there. Vest is being cocky with his big sign, and his lack of the word FOR."

Me: "I guess..."

So, there you have it. Becky will not be Electing Vest Coroner.

For the record, all you political people out there, Becky and I are not all willy-nilly with our votes. We usually take our time and do our due diligence to select the candidate who fits our beliefs. But in this case, Becky isn't budging...I mean, it is Coroner here, not President or Mayor...and, would you vote for a guy who has a gangsta lean going like our boy Vest there??

I thought not.


(Look at that lean. I wonder what Vest's first name it? My money is on Bulletproof!)

Now GO VOTE!!

(NOTE: Mr. Vest's first name is Jason. So, his first name is NOT Bulletproof...but I bet his middle name is!!)

No comments: