Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Job Interview

I had a job interview the other day with Cummins Engine Company. If you know anything about Columbus, Indiana, you know about Cummins. My dad works there, and has for a long time. As he put it a few years back, "25 down, 25 to go."

The interview was in Seymour, 20 miles away. No biggie, except I had to get up a lot earlier than I normally do. I'm not much of a morning person, but I managed. When I arrived, I was taken to a small room and questioned, poked, prodded, attacked...

It was two and a half hours of tourture.

Ok, so it wasn't torture. I had three seperate interviews, and each time the people asked me the same questions.

"Tell me about a time when you multi-tasked in order to ... blah, blah, blah."

Of course, I totally went into Saleman voice mode...

"Well, Mr. Jones, I'm glad you asked that...."

I think overall, the interviews went fairly well, but I won't know anything for awhile.

1 comment:

Jammie J. said...

Small world. I had a friend who used to work at Cummins. He was a mechanical engineer.

Of all the weird things, he now works at Hyundai. Weird,eh?