Wednesday, April 27, 2005

It's All The Rage!!

I'm a big supporter of the Lance Armstrong, LiveStrong bracelets that are out there to support Cancer research. I proudly wear one on each wrist, one for my Uncle who beat cancer, and one in rememberence of my grandfather, who passed away with the diesease.

It's unfortunate that this fad has gone as far as it has. I love seeing others with the yellow band on. Becky has a pink one for Breast Cancer...all proceeds go to Breast Cancer research (from Target). But, now you see red, blue, black, rainbow, purple, etc, etc etc...they all mean something, but they can be picked up at gas stations. Do you think they forward the money to AIDS research, to Tsunami victims, or to the other causes? Probably, sadly, no.

There was one I saw today that I think crosses the line...

Beat Bullying



"BEAT" Bullying?!? Beat it? Wow, I think that's the wrong message to get across.

"Mommy, I'm being bullied at school!"
"Here, Timmy, don't beat the bully with your fists, beat them with this bracelet!"
"Thanks mom!! I'll put a big rock in it and crush that mo'fo's head!!"

Wow, wrong message!! At least the bracelet isn't pink!

No comments: