Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Dual Disc = Big Mistake

I recently purchased the new Bruce Springsteen CD entitled "Devils and Dust." I am a Springsteen fan, so this isn't a big surprise. I won't bore you with a track by track review, but I do want to mention a big problem with the disc...

IT WON'T WORK IN MY CAR...ON MY WORK COMPUTER...OR IN MY CD PLAYER.

Oh yeah, you read that right. This CD has the new DualDisc technology, which, for those of you who aren't in the know, means one side of the disc has the CD, and the other side is a DVD which has videos and bonus stuff. It's a good idea...in theory.

Well, the good idea ends there, because I couldn't get the disc to play on anything except my home computer and our laptop. So, I had to burn the CD onto the hard-drive and make a CD from the hard drive, just so I can enjoy the CD at work and in the car.

What a pain in the behind!!

I understand that CD sales are down, and the CD companies feel they need to give you more so you will buy...but honestly, this makes me want to NOT buy Dual Discs and instead make a copy off the internet which is WRONG. I have always perfered the real deal, because I like the artwork, and the satisfaction in having a real copy. But if the real thing doesn't work...

Then what?

People are going to stop buying altogether. I don't think that's what the industry wants. Wake up and fix these crap CD's...before it's too late!!

No comments: