Tuesday, May 31, 2005

If I Had A Hammer

Unfortunately, I do have a hammer...and now I have a purple thumb to go with it because I suck at using said hammer, and I, repeatedly, hit my thumb instead of the nail.

Roofing sucks.

What else is sore besides my thumb? My back, my shoulders, my legs, my arms...my knees are the size of Texas, with a pain to match...

I shouldn't complain. This long weekend, we decided to re-roof the shed. The roof on the shed consists of a flat carport awning, and a peaked roof for the actual shed. My friend Shannon did the peak opposite of the carport (where if he fell, there is only ground to catch him) and I worked on the flat part and some of the peak on the carport side.

But giving credit where credit is due, the person who did almost all of the peak on the carport side, and half of the flat part, was Becky.

Yes, I made Becky roof the shed with me. Actually, she volunteered, and I, being very afraid of heights, didn't stop her. Boy, you should have seen her shimmy up that peak...actually, I couldn't watch her do it...like I said, I was scared!!

The flat part took about 6 hours, Shannon's peak took about 3, and we finished the other peak in 2 or so. Not too bad, I guess. (I won't count the 3 TRIPS to LOWES!! Why can't I get what I need in one trip?)

What a way to spend a long weekend. Ain't homeownership fun?

No comments: