Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Def Lep

You all know I like records, and if you don't then you probably should read my blog a little more. Anyway, I like records, and subsequently, I also enjoy making gifts for the friends of mine who enjoy music using records as a focal point.

My friend Dan is a big Ted Nugent fan, so for Christmas last year, I framed an autographed Nugent LP and gave it to him. For his birthday, I framed a 45 rpm record from each of the Nuge's musical projects...one from the Amboy Dukes, one of his solo 45's, and one from the Damn Yankees.

You get the idea.

Well, my buddy Brian is a BIG Def Lep fan, so I constructed this for him...



FRONT VIEW



ANGLE VIEW

As you can see, this is a LARGE Def Leppard framed art piece!! It's made of the one 45 record (top left corner) and 7 45rpm Picture Sleeves which, when put together, build the cover of Def Lep's Hysteria album. The frame is probabply 2 ft x 2 ft total. I was so pleased with the outcome, I almost kept it for myself!! In fact, if I can find another frame like that one, I may make one for myself...

After seeing that, don't you wish you were my friend??

No comments: