Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Flu Me? Flu You!!

Thursday began like any other day. Wake up late...get to work late...sit around. You know, normal stuff. By lunch time, then normal day was quickly being invaded by coughing, body aches, and fatigue.

By the five o'clock whistle, my behind couldn't get out of the chair.

The flu got me, brothers and sisters, and it got me hard. By 5:15, I had a sweater, two pair of socks and two blankets on me. A dose of medicine was administered, but it was in vain. Thursday night was horrible. The chills were monumental. After tossing and turning all night, sweating a river onto my pillow, and just not having a very good night, my fever broke, and I felt a little better.

I thought.

Friday morning I had four blankets on me, and I still couldn't keep my teeth from chattering.

It finally went away, thank goodness, just in time for Becky to get it. I tried my best to take care of her like she took care of me. She's feeling better now, too, so I guess all is well.

The flu sucks.

No comments: