Thursday, March 09, 2006

Funny Names

Names can be funny. No, I'm not talking about names that'll get your kid beat up (has anyone seen the show on MTV with the dude...yes, dude...named ASHLEY PARKER ANGEL?? Come on, who names their boy Ashley, especially when the last name is Angel?)

I'm talking funny names more like the ones Bart Simpson comes up with on the longest running animated sitcom of all times, The Simpsons.

You know... Amanda Hugenkiss...Oliver Clothesoff...Mike Rotch...and the ever famous Seymour Butz.

These are classics.

Well, driving home from work the other day, I saw a sign for a Sheriff canidate in the upcoming town elections whose name was Richard Funch. If my name was Dick Funch, I think I'd go by Richard, too.

Here are 5 more funny names of people I actually know where real.

# 5: Woodrow Stinger: One of my personal favorites, Woodrow Stinger evokes a twinge in my man regions everytime I hear the name. Of course, you have to remember that Woodrow was once a nickname for the little guy downstairs.

# 4: Richard Burns: "Oh, my Dick Burns..." No explanation needed.

# 3: Waqar Butt: No, I'm not making this up...how could I make that up? Waqar...for those of you who just don't see it, I prononce WACK-AR (Do I have to spell it out? Wack Her Butt!!!

# 2: Anita Head: Yup, another real person...

# 1: Norma Weinerholden: She was actually a student where my cousin works...the name speaks for itself.

Know any weird named people? I mean real people, not Simpson knock offs. Leave a comment and let me know!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Surely you have read the great American classic"Gone With the Wind"? Ashley Wilkes, the subject of Scarlette O'Hara's unrequited desire...... is most assuredly a man -- although in the movie he was played by Leslie Howard who was a little effeminate. hmmmm "Leslie"... another one!

Gillespie said...

Frankly, anonymous, I don't give a damn!!

Actually, I'm kidding, thanks for the info. I, in fact, have not read "Gone With the Wind", nor have I seen the movie, or ever heard of Leslie Howard. The time period doesn't interest me very much.

Thanks for the comments!!

Anonymous said...

First off I want to say I love your blog! I have laughed my ass off all morning! Anyways, back to the subject "Funny Names" my dad went to school with 2 girls one names Candy Land and the other Sharon Head. No kidding!