Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The Autograph Contest

Pete Seeger is a pioneer of folk music.

Pete Seeger is also 87 years old.

With my newfound love of roots folk music, coupled with the fact that Mr. Seeger is in what I will call, "His Golden Years," I have decided to send him a request for an autograph, so that I can hang it beside my James Taylor, Billy Joel, and Willie Nelson autographed lp's.

That got me thinking...you know what would be fun?

HAVING A CONTEST WITH THE READERS OF THIS BLOG!!

I will call it, the autograph contest!! (How original is that!!)

The idea is simple: Tell me which artist (living, of course) you love, and if I can find their address, I will send them a letter and get something autographed for you!

First one to get an autograph back, wins!! (But, really, don't we all win, if we get back an autograph eventually?)

The rules:

1. Reply to this post with a list of 3 artists you love. I will send a request to the first one on the list that I can get an address for (I have my ways.)

2. Only pick LIVING artists.

3. Sit back and wait for the results!

I will post whenever a new autograph comes in, and best of all, I will send you the autographed item!! (There is no catch, I really will send it to you, I promise!!)

Ok, there is one catch...if I don't know you, please don't enter this contest, cause that would just be weird...

(Deadline to enter...March 2nd!!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you know me! lol My top 3 artists would have to be:

1. Chris Daughtry ( because he is hot and my all time favorite band Fuel asked him to be the lead singer. I already have their autograph though)

2. Gene Simmons (Cause he is cool)

3. Gwen Stefani (Cause she rocks and has killer clothes)

Honorable Mention - David Gilmour (I doubt you could get his so I will go with the top 3)

I'm sure I could think of more, but most are dead that I would really really want.

Cool idea for a contest. T is the coolest!

Amanda Riehle

Anonymous said...

From Hank via telephone conversation.

Hank: "T, my three aren't for me, but for Tyler" (his son)

Me: "Ok, sure..."

Hank: "No, really."

Me: "So you want the Wiggles..."

Hank: "No, Big and Rich, Trace Adkins, and Rodney Atkins"

Ok, done.

Anonymous said...

I like all types of music and so many different artists. I don't even know where to start. I am going with the first that pop in my head because if they are the first to pop in my head then I guess that means they are the artists I would most want an autograph from. I am also going to try to choose artist from 3 different genres of music as well.

Chris Daughtry

Keith Urban

Justin Timberlake

(I know you may be thinking, "Serioulsy?" on this one, but what can I say I like all music. There really isn't anything I don't like. Plus I like to watch people dance and he is one singer I like to watch dance. Okay I will quit trying to justify this one. I like Justin Timberlake so be it. I said I was going with the first 3 that came to mind.)

This is a fun contest. :) You are so creative! Thanks in advance for your work!

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Here are Lauren's picks for autographs:
Beyonce
Justin Timberlake (singer of "mayonaise, tres semme," or whatever...)
Chris Daughtry

Your cousins,
Juli and Lauren

Anonymous said...

Okay, here you go. My first pick is for my mother-in-law, Debbi...Toby Keith. She would be sooo excited. Then my two choices are Jon Bon Jovi and Rascal Flatts. Thanks, T! Sue

Anonymous said...

Hey T! I would have to go with Montgomery Gentry, Alice Cooper, and Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland. Leave the Wiggles alone or Tyler is going to kick your butt! He says they rock! Hank

Anonymous said...

T- Noah and Coleson want The Doodlebops, Johnny from Johnny and the Sprites and Raffi.
Jean

Anonymous said...

I've debated about whether to be selfish on this one or to try to list artists friends/family would like. Of course I'm going with selfish....
1. David Bowie
2. Stephin Merritt of The Magnetic Fields
3. uhm...I am having a hard time coming up with a third.... I would say Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips, but I know that you hate the sound of his voice. If Freddy Mercury were still alive, 3/5ths of my family would be excited with his autograph. Let's go with something the kiddies would enjoy...let's say Willie Nelson.

Nellie

Anonymous said...

Tony-
After much debate I have settled on
1. Johnny Rzeznik from the Goo Goo Dolls
2. Reba
3. Tim McGraw

Jean

Anonymous said...

After thinking about it I've decided on:
1- Sammy Hagar (AKA the Red Rocker and the maker of the best tequilla I have EVER had)
2- Pat Green (the Texas boy that for some reason just can't seem to go mainstream)
3- John "Cougar" Mellencamp (The HOOSIER native that just keeps making great music)

Larry B