Monday, March 05, 2007

The Contest Starts Now!!

Contest Entry is now closed!! Thanks to all of you who submitted your favorite artists. Let's hope we get some stuff back!! Remember, famous people are way more important than we are, so if it takes awhile to get these signatures back, we have to live with that.

I will say, however, that of all the autograph requests I've sent out, only 2 didn't respond. And those two were John Cusack and Chris Cornell (of Audioslave and Soundgarden.) Most of them came back rather quickly...Billy Joel only took about 10 days! Some took longer...I literally forgot about the Willie Nelson request I had made, until it came back, signed.

After doing my research, I picked one artist for each of you...without further ado, here are the selections!!

Amanda


Chris Daughtry

While several people picked the former American Idol contestant, you did so first. Therefore, you get him.

Prediction: Signed, 14-21 days

Tyler

Big & Rich

In a surprise move, the youngster didn't pick an artist in his own age range, instead he chose an artist who's songs sound like they are in his age range.

Prediction: Signed, 14-21 days


Kristy

Justin Timberlake

I had to go deep into Kristy's list. Daughtry was taken, Keith Urban is in rehab or something, so I chose JT. (Don't tell anybody, but I like him, too!)

Prediction: Signed, 21 days to a month.

Juli/Lauren

Beyonce

Of all the autographs, I hope this one comes back the most. Tres bootylicious, Beyonce!! (Sorry if you don't speak French!!)

Prediction: Signed, 21 days to a month.

Sue


Toby Keith (for your mother-in-law, Debbi)

Jon Bon Jovi (for you).

Since your first choice was for someone else (how nice!!) I decided to send to both!!

Predictions: Toby Keith: signed, 1 - 3 months
Jon Bon Jovi: signed, 1 - 2 months

Hank
Montgomery Gentry

I feel stupid. Every picture I looked at for Montgomery Gentry had two guys in it. It wasn't until 10 minutes later, I realized Montgomery Gentry is a BAND, not a guy's name. Stupid Country Groups!!

Prediction: Signed, 14-21 days (but I hope it never comes, TEN MINUTES!!)
Noah and Coleson
Raffi

I can't believe this guy's still alive!! I really don't know who Raffi is, but it reminds me of the movie Bye, Bye Love. The two young kids go to this party, and the barely teenage boy goes up to the dj (who is spinning some load tunes) and yells over the music

Kid: "Do you have any Raffi?"

DJ: "Reefer?"

Kid: "NO, RAFFI!!"

I don't know why, that just cracks me up!

Prediction: Signed, 1-3 months (he's in Canada, so it may take a little longer).
Nellie
Flaming Lips - Wayne Coyne

Bowie doesn't sign, Stephin Merritt is too obscure and I couldn't find an address for him (kudos for the attempt), so I am going with Wayne Coyne. I have to add, the album with She Don't Like Jelly was HORRIBLE. Some of there new stuff isn't half bad, though.

Prediction: Unsure, these guys are too unpredictable

Oh, but as a bonus, I'm gonna try for Willie Nelson...for the kiddies.
Willie Nelson

Prediction: A long, long time. (I think it took me close to a year...maybe this time will be better!!)
Jean
Johnny Rzeznik (Goo Goo Dolls)

I like this choice...he hasn't done anything for awhile, so maybe he'll enjoy the fan mail, and it will come back quicker.

Prediction: Signed, 10-14 days
Larry
Sammy Hagar

Gonna go with your first choice, The Red Rocker. Logic says Mellencamp, since he has a house in Indiana, would return quickest, HOWEVER I'm sick of that damn This is Our Country song. How many times can they play that commercial during one football game? I know the answer to that, it's a ba-zillion!!

Prediction: Signed, 1-4 months (depending on his Cabo consumption at the time).
Becky says it's not really a contest unless you have a prize. So, I'll be thinking of something glorious to give to the first person to get an autograph back. Please keep checking in to see if your celeb signs!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there any chance there could be a "prize" for last place? I'm gunning for it if there is.

Also, what sorts of magical tools do you use to determine that David Bowie doesn't send signed pics? What sorts of magical powers do you have in general that enable you to figure out addresses of all these very important famous people? Are you secretly famous?

I want magical powers too!

Nellie

Gillespie said...

Ah, Nellie...I thought you knew me well enough by now to know that I am really a famous, nay a VERY famous person. (Because of all the legal fine print, I cannot reveil the enormity of my fame...unfortunately.) And like all famous people, I have been annointed with special powers, like the ability to discern Coke from Pepsi, for example.

I, however, cannot reveil the true sources of my "magical powers" lest my mysterious personna be shattered.

After someone "wins" the contest, maybe I will confide in you the secrets, and you can become my apprentice and own the magical powers of the rich, or famous, or (in my case) none of the above...

I like the idea of having a last place prize, you know, to show that no one's a loser (except whoever comes in last, cause that's why they call it last after all.)...let me think about what that prize will consist of, and I'll get back to you. Good Luck!!