Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Thanks, Mr. Seeger

Not wanting to be left out of the Great Autograph contest, I also sent a few requests out for myself. Today, I will share with you my latest success story.

34 days after I wrote a nice letter to Pete Seeger, (famed folk writer, singer and banjo player...he wrote Turn, Turn, Turn which later was a hit for the Byrds) he answered my letter. Today in the mail, I received back the LP cover I sent to him (Darling Corey, his first LP...a 10" on the Folkways label) SIGNED!!




(signed 10" lp)



(close up of Mr. Seeger's signature)


(close up of right side of LP where Mr. Seeger notes:
Record 1947, Signed 2007. Even though this is probably
so I won't try to sell it as a 1947 era autograph, I still think
it's a nice, personalized touch!)

Hard to believe this record is 60 years old!!

I'm a big folk music fan (also, I'm a big Pete Seeger fan, AND a big LP fan), so this is a welcomed addition to my collection. I'm glad in this day of selling on Ebay, that some musicians still take the time to sign for true fans. While I would never dream of selling this lp, I could see where some people may try to profit from a signature of someone who is (or at least WAS) famous.

In any event, I love my new signed lp, and I hope everyone who entered the contest will receive their favorite musicians signature very soon!!

No comments: