Monday, July 30, 2007

Blue Car Blues: Part II

Is there anything worse than the car dealership's waiting room? Wait, there is...sitting there for 3 hours, only to be turned away without having your car fixed. Not once, but TWICE!!

That's right, I went back to attempt to have the amp in my new car installed and right as Ellen was going off, the service guy was handing me keys to a crappy Grand Prix that is a few years older than my new car, and a whole lot crappier!

I was not happy.

When the service guy told me to take the loaner, I asked him when my car would be finished. His response:

"Probably not today."

Great.

I went to my car and grabbed my work bag and took off, totally forgetting to grab my house key off the key chain. Luckily, my mom had a spare she let me borrow. I figured the car would be finished Saturday, and I could swap them out then.

By 3:00pm Saturday, I was beginning to fear my car wasn't going to be ready. I called, and was informed that my car wasn't ready because the service department wasn't even open on Saturday's!!

Me: "Are you kidding?"

Them: "No, sir."

Me: " I was told my car would be finished today, what the heck?"

Them: "I don't know who told you that, but the service department isn't open today."

It's now Monday...still no call, still no car...STILL NO FLOOR MATS! I'll keep you posted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! What kind of car did you buy? Good things come to those who wait! Sue

Jaime said...

This absolutely exemplifies the state of customer service in America. I have been harping to Chris about it frequently these days due to my increased frustrations. It is as if people don't really care, and they do it because they can. Customers of the world, unite!

Gillespie said...

Sue: We bought a Chrysler Pacifica. It's blue, hence the title: Blue car blues! We love it, well, when we've had it, we've loved it!!

Jaime: Yeah, I'm pretty upset about the whole situation, too, because it just seems like a promise doesn't mean anything anymore. They promised results on the stereo, and results on the dent, and results on the car mats and have delivered nothing. As I write this, it's Friday, and my car still isn't back. Hopefully, today...but I'm not holding my breath!!