Thursday, February 05, 2009

Round One: Tony vs the Two Pound Burger Trial Run

The challenge was set...2 lbs of hamburger, 8 hamburger buns, one tomato, half a head of lettuce, 6 slices of cheese and a 1/4 cup each of ketchup, mustard and mayo.

All of this in one hour.

I know what some of you are thinking..."oh, that's easy, I could do that no problem!!" But consider this: this burger is the equivilent to eating 8 Quarter Pounders from McDonalds. (that's eight Royales with cheese, for my European friends...)

EIGHT!

This is no easy task.

(click any photo to enlarge.)

(The goods.)




(One 2 lb. burger patty.)


(The burger cooks.)


(The burger goes on the fixins.)


(Add the cheese...)


(...and the buns...)


(Enter the challenger!)


(One hour time limit.)


(I'm ready to chow down!!)



(5 minutes in...)


(Still looking good.)


(10 minutes down...)


(Oh, I got this!!)


(Looks like I'm about half way through. It is at this point I realize I should have paced myself a little better. I tore through the first half, but I was definitely slowing down.)


(15 minutes in...)


(Iffy at best.)




(20 minutes in...)


(Ugh...I really hit the wall at this point.)




(25 minutes in...)


(It's not looking good.)


(The half way point.)



(At this point, I was gaging...not because I was full, not because of the bread...it was partially the burger, but mostly the condiments. The mayo was making me cringe!!)






(35 minutes in...)


(I could tell at this point that another bite of burger would be impossible. The burger and condiments were killing me.)


(I ate the last bun, and prepared to throw in the towel.)


(40 minutes in...)


(That's it...it's all over!!)


(Put a fork in me...I'm done.


(I'm throwing in the towel.)


(I finished choking down the last bun top.)


(I had one and a half bottom buns, and a little less than half pound of burger left.)


(The challenger had been defeated!!)

Before I ate, we made predictions on the outcome of the challenge.


(Hendrix wrote this note...awe, isn't he sweet, he loves his daddy no matter what happens! Yes, that's what it says...I'm his dad, I know!!)


(I predicted domination...I was wrong.)


(Becky was right, she knew I could not defeat the 2 pounder.)

Overall, I learned a lot. Pace myself more, maybe eat more burger and less buns first, as the buns were easy to eat at the end. And above all, hope like crazy the mayo isn't as thick at Denny's Beer Barrel Pub!

The trip is February 21st...I will post my results soon thereafter!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are crazy. Talk to Jill about a steak.

Jean

Anonymous said...

I am not even sure Big Country can eat that burger! Sue