Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hendrix's First Birthday Party

Just wanted to take a minute to share some great photos from Hendrix's First Birthday Party! It was suppose to be at Donner Park, but the night before, Becky's mom informed us that Donner was hosting some big bash celebrating Columbus, so we had to scramble and have it in our back yard. I think it worked out just fine!


(Mickey Mouse was the theme, as Hendrix digs Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on Disney.)


(Hendrix with his Mickey ears.)


(I made the cake myself! Thx, Jean, for the trick to re-attach Mickey's head!!)


(Diggin' in!)


(He never really ate any of the cake...I think he was doing this for laughs!!)


(If you love cake, clap your hands!)


(One messy boy! Hey all you parents with kids about to tear into their first cake, here is a trick that worked for me...fill a cooler with water the night before and after the cake is destroyed, throw the baby in the cooler and wash his off! It worked great!)


(A birthday ball. Thank you, Blankman family...you follow instructions oh so well!! ha ha!! Just kidding, really, thanks!)


(Small Mickey cake for Hendrix, that I helped him eat!)


(Large Party Cake. Hope everyone enjoyed!!)

Well, since I was running around crazy all day, these are the only photos. Hope they were enough for you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really it is Noah's fault. Try explaining to a 3 year old that we aren't giving a present for someone's birthday. well and how could I not get him something.
Jean

benilhalk said...

What a birthday Hendrix had on the first birthday!! You know my cute son is turning one in the next week and I will be booking the nearby convention center. I am planning a fantastic Disney themed birthday party for him. I will use the décor inspirations from pinterest and I am sure it will turn out to be enjoyable.