Monday, June 22, 2009

My First Father's Day

Here's my first Father's Day in a nutshell...

--Woke up to Hendrix and Becky serving me breakfast in bed. Hendrix gave me a card!

--Hugged and kissed my boy...well, I tried, he was squirming to get down and play.

--Watched Hendrix play.

--Becky and I shook our heads at the sight of how big Hendrix is getting, so fast, as we watched him sleeping.

--Went to Dad's and spent the afternoon helping him with his roof. Even though it was hot, and we were working hard (him much harder than me), it was still nice to see him on Father's Day.

--Had a nice moment on the roof with Dad. Overlooking the street where I grew up, I told him Happy Father's Day. And then told him to please not fall off the roof!

--Watched Hendrix play in the swimming pool.

--Went home, put Hendrix to bed, kissed Becky and thanked her for my beautiful child (and the breakfast in bed, of course!)

--Fell asleep smiling, thinking about how lucky I am to have the greatest dad in the whole world, and hoping that I can at least be half the dad to Hendrix, that my dad is to me.

I love you, Dad.
I love you, Hendrix.

Happy Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet! Happy Father's Day! Sue