Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Wrigley Field

There aren't very many things that I would put on a "Bucket List" for myself...that is a list of things I would like to see or do before I "kick the bucket." But one of the top ones would be to see a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Since my brother and I were kids, we loved the Cubs and the Reds, mainly because we lived in Indiana, and those were the teams that we could actually watch on tv (having grown up in a time before there were a thousand channels and 24 hour a day Sports Center.)

But the Cubs were always the main team for us. I can remember the 1989 Cubs who were set to go to the World Series...but fell short in the NLCS Championship game to the Giants...the 2003 Bartman Incident...and all the crushing seasons in between when the Cubs broke my heart.

Back to the subject.

I never thought I would ever go, mainly because of my fear of the big cities. But all that changed when I opened my first Father's Day gift. Becky gave me the box, and I quickly opened it to find...

A bag of peanuts. What?? Wait there is a second box!! It's...

Crackerjacks?? What the heck is going on here?!? Ah, an envelope!!

That's where the actual present was. A ticket to Wrigley Field!! I am going to the Cubs game!! But, wait...one ticket?!?

Seems Becky didn't want to spend a lot for Father's Day, so she only bought one ticket.

Ah, but our Anniversary is coming up, she said as she pulled a second ticket from behind her back. She said she didn't want to go because of Hendrix, so I asked the person who is the biggest baseball fan (and Cubs fan, besides me) that I know. My brother. He accepted.

September 11th, Andy and I will be at Wrigley Field, enjoying some hot dogs and the glow of the Ivy on the outfield walls. Not to mention the FANTASTIC SEAT Becky got for us.



OK, you see the teal colored section behind the visitors dugout? Well, we aren't sitting there...we will actually be in the PINK section NEXT TO the Visitors dugout. IN THE FIRST ROW OF THE PINK SECTION!! That's right...I know you're jealous!!

We will be arriving early for Batting Practice, try to score some autographs, and we will be getting LOTS of great pics to share. Make sure you come back after Sept 11th to see it all, and here about the fun trip I'm sure we are going to have!!

No comments: