Monday, August 22, 2005

Crashing Wedding Crasher's



I like Vince Vaughn. Not so keen on Owen Wilson, but Vince Vaughn's my boy. The dude's hilarious. So, naturally, I wanted to view his new movie, "Wedding Crashers".

I'm not going to give you a scene by scene re-enactment of the movie, but I do warn you: If you haven't seen the movie, and plan on it, (which I really think you should, it's really quite funny) I would stop reading now.

Ah, who are we kidding? I know you people reading this can't get enough of my posts, so you're going to read it regardless of my idle threats. Bless your hearts!!

The premise of this movie is, duh, Wilson and Vaughn crash weddings to pick up unsuspecting females who, naturally, succumb to their willy charm. Ok, we all get this. After the "season" begins for the two (the wedding crashing season, that is) they decide to pull off the "Big One"...

...The Senator's daughter's wedding. (Or maybe he's a congressman...doesn't matter, it's the big time.) Lots of important people, lots of hot women. Here's my problem:

In the "wedding" scene, the guests are sitting in the church, awaiting the bride or some-such thing. A couple of guests turn to Wilson and Vaughn and ask them how they are related to the bride.

"We're Uncle Ned's kids." (Or Uncle Ted, or...quit busting my chops here, so I can't remember the exact names, I'm not Rain Man!!) The guests shrug and the movie continues. Later, the duo introduce themselves to the bride's sisters (the objects of Wilson and Vaughn's affection), also as "Uncle Ned's kids."

The sister combo eventually hook up with Ned's kids for some "under the cover fun." But wait...if these two are Uncle Ned's kids, doesn't that make the two sisters...

THEIR COUSINS?!?

Why would:

1. These experienced "Professional" wedding crashers use the alias of a long removed Uncle's kids when trying to pick up the bride's sisters?

2. Why would the sisters go for their cousins?

3. Why would the Senator allow such a thing? I can't imagine it's good for his re-election!!

4. Why the hell is Vince Vaughn so funny?

(Sorry about that last one...)

Maybe in "high society," hob-knobbing with your cousins is acceptable. If you are among the ranks of Kings, you can probably even boff your sister. It's all in the societal hierarchy. Sometimes it's better, morally, to be one of the working class stiffs!!

(Stiffs...no pun intended)

No comments: