Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Crying, Waiting, Hoping

It should be here today. Today or tomorrow. Today, tomorrow, or Friday.

It better be here by Friday.

What is it that I so anxiously await? Finally, after months of unanswered e-mails, and impatiently waiting, my jukebox is coming home from the repair shop. Well, I didn't send the entire jukebox off for repair, just the amp, but by golly it should be in my hands this week.

I sent it to a guy in Chicago to rebuild, hoping this would finally put an end to my jukebox troubles. The problem is, I sent it to him in FEBRUARY!! Yes, I have been sitting, waiting, hoping for six dog-gone months for this guy to rebuild my sloppy amp. Each month I would e-mail him...

"Any news?"..."How's the repair going?"..."Hello?"

Every other month he would respond.

"Waiting for a part,"..."Testing it,"..."What'd you want done again?"

It was a viscious cycle.

Hopefully, all will be well. He said if it didn't fix the problem, he would fix my pre-amp for free. Maybe I'll have that back before Christmas.

I won't hold my breath.

No comments: