Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Prove it All Night

I'm not a big "gamer." I don't spend hours trying to conquer Halo, nor am I ever first in line for the newest X-Box creation. But I do like the occasional marathon of play. Like my NBA Ballers marathon while I was on vacation...

A couple times a year, I hook up with my friends Hank and Sue (frequent blog contributors, I may add) and we burn the X-Box up...stopping only for pizza, restroom breaks, and daylight. Even though I was physically exhausted from my records excursion, I decided I couldn't pass up the opportunity to get my game on.

Becky and I arrived at around 4:30, and we all fired up the Box. Hank and I started with some Driv3r, but I sucked at that, so I suggested we switch games. Being more of a Nintendo kinda guy (I can tear up Marios Brothers, recognize!!), I wanted to play something that required less moving around, less 3D graphics.

We decided on Big Mother Truckers.

We had a grand time with that for a few hours, stopping for some pizza, and I must admit, I had to turn the game off for an hour while Big Brother came on (Sorry Hank and Sue!!) We played awhile longer on BMT, and decided to break out the steering wheels and compete in a few Nascar races.

Let me take this opportunity to say I suck at using the steering wheel. Ok, I would have sucked with the controller, too...maybe I just suck. Anyway, Hank usually did well, and Becky was the surprising underdog...but Sue...well, she liked to crash...usually into me!!

I didn't mind, because I decided we would crash into each other, and then I would have an excuse for losing as bad as I did. I actually think Sue was decent at the game...until she crashed into me the first time, and then I had to retaliate!! Over and over and over...

I finally pulled the plug at about 1:30, I was just too spent to continue. It was a far cry from the 6, 7, 8 am finishes Hank and I pulled off in the past, but it was still a nice relaxed ... well, as relaxed as Hank could be ... evening!!

(No shirts were torn off during the evening, no sunglasses were broken, and no animals...except whatever animal pepperoni is made from... where harmed).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo! Very nice story! Thanks!

Sue

Gillespie said...

No, thank you for your wonderful hospitallity...and for CRASHING MY CAR!! ha ha