Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Generation Gap

Today, I sent a message to a buddy of mine. He's 18, a music fan like myself, and recently entered into a relationship. I'll call him Keaton...well, basically, because that's his name. Our conversation went like this:

ME: Keaton...This Friday and Saturday are open, if you and your dad are free and want to hang? Let me know what you think!! PS...You can bring Yoko, if you want! ;) T

KEATON: Yoko??

ME: Ha ha...just lovingly (and jokingly) nicknaming your new squeeze!

KEATON: New squeeze??

ME: Holy Crap, are you kidding me right now?!? Your Girlfriend!!

KEATON: Ohh!! You have to remember, I'm a young kid. I don't understand old man! lol

I tried to explain to him young love kinda follows the John and Yoko approach...i.e., you probably always want to be by each others side, and if he was hanging with her, but still wanted to come over, he could bring her along. Guess the reference was lost on him completely!

When did I get so old??

(Actually, I want to know how in the heck doesn't catch a Yoko reference?!? Really!! HA!!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny, because I remember when you were 18 and I was about 30! What comes around goes around. Sue