Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Judaism

I was thinking today about converting to Judaism. I really like that they get two days off of work for Rosh Hashanah, and then another day for Yom Kippur.

Upon closer examination, I realized that you have to fast on Yom Kippur...yeah, I think I'll pass on the fast. Unless you can have cookies during a fast. No? Yeah, I didn't think so.

NOTE: This post has been posted strictly as a humourous anticdote with the true bottom line being that I am a growing boy who needs my food, and will not fast. It is not intended to be slight or in anyway negative towards Judaism as a Religion. That is all.

Oh, yeah, Gandhi Rules...Chairman Mao drools.

2 comments:

Jammie J. said...

Ha! Tell me about having extra days off. It seems I've worked for Jewish men for six years of my 14 year career. They get to leave early the day before the holiday, you know? And, then one of my Jewish bosses could never remember when his Jewish holiday was. So I was responsible to telling him when his days off were. So unfair.

Gillespie said...

I hope you snuck out that day, too! I mean, he wasn't there to bust you, right? But seriously, I guess my question should be, did he take Good Friday off, too? If so, then we have a case...Religious Discrimination!!! Write your Congressman!! ha ha