Thursday, February 17, 2005

'Cause I'm The Trash Man

Of all the thankless jobs out there, I think Trash Man has to rank right up there at the top. I understand that. But I still think we should hold these people accountable when they utterly destroy our trash cans.

I came home last night to find my trash can's handle torn and broken. This is the third time this has happened. Come on, trash men, it's not like I'm throwing blocks of concrete in the bottom of these things!!

"Let me gently pick up this trash can and WHOA!! Feels like a ton of bricks in that bad boy!"

No, I throw away a few bags of trash, and the trash man, in turn does a double handed yank on the handle, followed by a dump of the trash and a triple axle with a full Yurchanko as he slams it to the frozen ground, shattering the can's very being.

Who pays for this? Ultimately, it's the trash can who pays with broken parts and broken dreams. All that can wanted was to hold the trash, and make it's mamma proud. Now, it's just a broken shell of a can. That's just garbage!!

So, I will buy a new one and sit the old tattered can out to be thrown away...it's funny how long it takes the trash man to actually take the old can with him. For the first couple of weeks he will pick it up, see no trash and throw it back to the ground, empty. You actually have to put the old broken can into the new can...like it's trash, or that thing sits there forever.

I should write a note on it...

"Please throw my old trash can away. It was a good trash can, UNTIL YOU BROKE IT!! Please leave $10 to cover the cost of a new can."

Nah, better not...who knows what the Trash Man would do then!!

No comments: