Friday, February 25, 2005

Deceived: Part 2

When we spoke last, I was in the midst of an E-Bay deveival...Joker Man decided he was going to tell me the book was a "First Edition", when in fact, it was a Book Club Edition.

Ok, enough recap, read Deceived: Part 1 if you forgot what's happening.

So, I get a return e-mail from Joker Man and he says:

"In my description, I never claimed to be an expert. I don't even know how to tell if a book is a book club addition."

Yes, addition.

So, of course, me being the nice guy I am, sent the following:

"If you were enough of an "expert" to claim the book was a first edition (for those of you not in the know, First Editions don't usually say First Edition on the inside), then you should be "expert" enough to know it's a Book Club Edition."

I went on to school him on where to find the BCE markings, and left him with the hope that he wouldn't deceive others.

He blew me off.

I think I will leave him negative feedback, because of the deception...and the crappy return e-mail. Serves this Joker right!!

No comments: