Friday, October 22, 2004

Angry Rant # 5

Why do you have to do it restaurants? Why do you have to have the "pitcher" of soda that sits in the corner for God only knows how long before you bring it to my table to refill my drink? Don't you know what that is doing to the soda?

Watering it down!! Oh, the humanity!! Why do you have to bring me watered down soda? Is it that unimaginable to have to walk my cup to the back and refill it from the fountain? I don't think it's too much to ask!

I guess the question is: Why? I have a few theories, but I think I already know the answer.

It is policy to have the "pitcher" of soda

1. so the diner can get a refill right away, instead of having to wait for the waitress to go to the back and return.

2. so the waitress doesn't have to spend her time going all the way to the back.

3. so the company can save money by watering down soda.

4. for the convience of the diner and the waitress.

It's probably # 4. Convience. I think it's a conspiracy...

Restaurant Owner: "HA HA!! My plan is working perfectly! I will serve watered down soda and save a ton of money. Then, because the waitresses won't be making as many trips to the back, I can have less waitresses serving more diners!! I can get rid of extra dishwashers, too, because each drink will be refilled instead of coming out in a new glass!! I will be RICH!!"

Ok, maybe not...But next time I go to the restaurant, I'm asking for a fresh soda!!

No comments: