Wednesday, October 27, 2004

LiveStrong: Part 3

I was mad as hell when I read this story.

Jewelry? Are you kidding me? It wouldn't be as bad if the ban was on ALL things worn, ie watches. (Of course, excluding religious or medical medals.) But this ban is on JEWELRY which I don't believe a rubber band is.

It's sad that something with a positive message, like the LiveStrong bracelet can come out, inspire people, support people, support Cancer research...

And High School kids get DQ'ed.

Unbelievable.

It's a good thing the decision was reversed, but I'm sure there are probably parents on the other side, parents of the kids who won because of the DQ, who are upset that their son/daughter lost, then won, then lost again.

"The rules are the rules, and they broke them!!" I can almost hear the angry parents say.

Wow, I know it probably happened, but that's even more wrong than the DQ. I hope that these parents all set a good example for their children, and tell them the disqualification was wrong.

At least I think it was wrong. Not because of the message of the bracelet, but because I don't see it as jewelry.

...............................

After I read this story, I immediately went to the Nike Outlet to buy a bracelet. Sold out. So, I went to Lance's website and ordered some.

www.wearyellow.com

I should have gotten one a long time ago. I have a grandfather who is fighting cancer (among other things) and an Uncle, whom I love dearly, that is a cancer survivor. When I get my bracelet, I will wear it proud.

12 million bracelets have been sold already...but that's not enough. I hope you will go to the website, or the sporting goods store, or where ever you can buy a bracelet, and buy one...buy two...buy ten.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is something especially for the ladies...Target is selling a bracelet similar to the LIVESTRONG. It is for Breast Cancer Awareness. It's just $1 like the LiveStrong ones. It's pink and it says SHARE BEAUTY. SPREAD HOPE.