Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Living Legends Concert Tour 2005: James Taylor




Date: July 26, 2005

Time: 8:00pm

Location: Verizon Wireless Music Center, Noblesville, Indiana

Seats: Pavilion, Section E, Row T, Seats 27 and 28

"I've been walking my mind to an easy time, my back turned towards the sun...Lord knows when the cold wind blows, it'll turn your head around." James Taylor -- Fire and Rain

Dearest V: (before you send your letters to Becky, "V" stands for Verizon, and Becky knows all about us!!)

I know you probably read the post about the Tom Petty concert, and how I said all those nasty, nasty things...I was just angry, I didn't mean them. I could never swear you off forever, and you know that, baby.

I have a confession to make. I tried to avoid you last night. I tried to sell you to another, so I wouldn't have to face the shame of seeing you face-to-face. But, no one wanted you. Don't take that the wrong way, V, they just didn't want to see you with anyone but me.

I know we've had some good times...like the Counting Crows concerts, and who could forget Bob Dylan?...and some bad times. (Do I have to mention the Dave Matthews butt grabbing incident? I swear I'm still a little upset that you didn't stand up for me!!) But all in all, it hasn't been too bad.

Even though it took me FOREVER to get to you Thursday, last night was different. Just an hour! Maybe I could forgive you, I thought. Maybe we could make it work. The crowd was smaller...the restroom was empty...and then James Taylor came out.

Fire and Rain.

I cried.

But I knew, deep down, the parking situation was looming. We can't just avoid the inevitable. So, I think we should end it here, V. Oh, I'm sure I'll be back...and I hope you take me back, even if I reek of Murat, or you find the long blonde strands from Conseco on my shirt...

I hope we can get past all of that, and be friends.

My Love to you always,

Tony

No comments: