Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Workout: Day 2

Working out sucks. But (and it's a very big butt that I hope to make smaller by working out) I do feel like it is going to help me immeasurably. Before when I would do these same things, I wouldn't feel anything...like it was a waste of time. Well, this time I researched all the movements, and did them the RIGHT way...and boy howdy did it make a difference!!

Last night, I really began to hit the workout hard, focusing mainly on leg strength...which I need a lot of to hoist this 1/8 of a ton into the air to hit a volleyball. After consulting with the greatest athletes in the world...ok, I looked some stuff up on the 'net...I devised a routine. Here it is:

ROUTINE 1

1. Stretch
2. Eliptical machine for 2 minutes (warm up)
3. Front Leg Lifts
a. right leg - 15 reps
b. left leg - 15 reps
c. both legs - 10 reps (a real stomach burner)
d. repeat steps a, b, c
e. repeat steps a and b
4. Side Leg Lifts
a. Hold Right leg as high as possible for 15 count.
b. Right leg side lifts - 15 reps
c. Hold Right leg as high as possible for 15 count
d. Repeat a, b, and c for left leg
e. Repeat process
5. BREAK -- at this point, I had no choice. My legs wobbled under my body from the burn. Plus, the "experts" say drink plenty of fluids.

6. Squats - 3 sets/12 reps
7. Hamstring - 2 sets/10 reps
8. Calf Raises - 3 sets/15 reps
9. Push Ups - 3 sets/10 reps
10. Chest Flye - 3 sets/10 reps
11. Tricep Kickbacks - 3 sets/10 reps
12. Tricep Dips - 2 sets/10 reps

13. Elilptical Machine - 3 (agonizing) minutes
14. STRETCH
15. Collapse

The extra stretching helped a lot, I think. My legs feel good, my knees don't hurt (cause I did the exercises the right way) and I feel I accomplished something. My chest hurts from the Flyes and the push ups, but that's ok.

Now I know 2 of the 4 people who actually read this will say: "You have to rest your muscles so they can grow...don't do the routine every day!" And I agree. Tonight, my workout will be Routine 2, which I'll tell you all about tomorrow. 2 days down...


No comments: