Friday, July 02, 2004

Angry Rant #1

What is this world coming to, kids? It has slowly become a world lost. Caught up in "how can I get something from this world," instead of "how can I GIVE something for this world." I'm not much different. I don't recycle. I don't mow my grass after 6 pm. I don't drive an electric car.

But, regardless of all that, I try hard not to take advantage of people. I think it's a problem with today's society overall. Let's sue people at the drop of a dime.

Oh, no, McDonald's!! This coffe is HOT!! I'M GONNA SUE YOU... so Mcdonald's puts warning labels that their coffee is served hot so they won't get sued by the morons who expect cold coffee. ("What, no ice? You expect me to drink this coffee hot?")

Now, some other things are getting out of hand, as well. For example:

Parking for People with children, or expentant mothers. Yes, at the grocery store I had to walk an extra 2 car spaces because someone has a bun in the oven. Maybe I should throw a "Baby on Board" sign in the window of the convertible and park there.

How about: Braille on drive up ATM machines. Do I ready need to tell you how incredible scared I would be if a blind guy DROVE up to an ATM machine? Wow!

Ok, ok...so the Braille doesn't hurt me any, and I could stand to take the extra 10 steps at the grocery store. What's the point? The point is when we were kids, we had a dog. That dog went to the vet to get his new puppy shots, I don't know what they're called so let's say new puppy shots, ok? Then, we took him to get "fixed". That's it. And that dog lived a looong time.

Now, dogs need check ups, they need medication, they need EKG's and MRI's and CJF's (ok, I made that last thing up, but I bet if any vets are reading this, they are probably seeing dollar signs and within two years you will have me to thank for your dog's gout being caught because of my CJF suggestion.) I knew a guy whose dog had not one, but TWO MRI's on his knee, surgery on said knee, and...are you ready for this...A DOGGIE PHYSICAL THERAPIST!!

Wha...?? PT for a dog?!?! Are you kidding me? There are people living in the US who don't have insurance, who don't have homes, and we are spending money on dog PT? Where are the morals?

Ok, so I'm getting off the subject here. Grow up, get an education, get a job, help others, or at least take care of yourself without asking for a handout cause your coffe was *GASP* HOT!!

What we need is a simplier time, kids. A time where live was easy. Front porches entertained, tire swings entertained, people took care of people. Read Grapes of Wrath by John Steibeck and then complain to me about your damn hot coffee!!

No comments: