Friday, July 30, 2004

Are you Experienced?

Wow, it's Friday and I somehow managed to make it through another week. Luckily for me, I only have to work Monday and Tuesday next week as it is vacation time!! Yeah! Since starting with this new company in August, I haven't had a vacation. That's like...um...80 months or something like that, so you can see I am in need.

So, Tuesday we embark on the epic journey across the US to South Dakota. Ah, sunny South Dakota, where the beaches beautifully overlook the ocean...what? No beaches? No oceans? Damn.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the most breathtaking sights...like Mount Rushmore. If you've never seen Mt Rushmore, do it. It's amazing. I saw it once when I was 11 and I still remember the overwheming feeling I got when I saw it then. Neato Mosquito.

You may ask: "Tony, what ever are you going to do to pass the time of such a long drive?"

Well, since you were kind enough to ask, I'll tell you. I made up this monster of a Music Quiz for Becky to take. I'm not talking, name the band who sings these 5 songs. GREAT, you got 4 of 5!! Yippie. I'm talking in your face, 65 page quiz emcompassing the sounds from the 60-today, including lead singers, guitarists, name that tune, etc. It's hard core, mo'fo's!!

I've been teaching Becky the in's and out's of rock for awhile, and I must say, she's gotten to be a very good student. Who else could tell you the 3 members of the Jimi Hendrix Experience?

Well,


I'm waiting...


I didn't think so

She has come a long. long way from not knowing what band Eddie Van Halen was in, to now knowing David Lee Roth, Sammy Hagar, Eddie and Alex Van Halen. I'm so proud. If you see her, ask her a music question, I'll bet she will know it.

Then, if we have extra time after the quiz, I might teach her the LP numbers for all the Beatles albums on Capitol records...T-2047 is Mono Meet the Beatles, ST-2047 is Stereo Meet the Beatles...muah, ha ha ha...welcome to my world, Becky!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well...how did Becky do on the 'monster' quiz?