Thursday, July 01, 2004

Radio Hell

Ok, so some of you are out there thinking..."I don't want to endlessly read about volleyball..." That's cool. I won't always write about volleyball, ya know? Remember the Timberlake post? Geez.

I thought I would throw one more post out there for you non-volleyballers.

I was driving the ole mail van down the road the other day. I had the tunes cranked up and my hair was blowing feverishly around by the air conditioning vent. The current tune had fininshed and the staion went to commercial. Well, I'm not a very loyal listener, and I am very impatient, so I start to cycle through the presets. We have 6 pre-sets on the van...5 for me, and one for my co-worker (and mother-in-law) Rita.

Preset one, commercial...preset two, commercial...preset 3, commercial...4 commercial, 5 commercial!! 6 of course is Rita's country station...

Geez!! What am I going to do?!!? So, I flip back and forth...Finally, one of the stations comes on, and it's that damn "The Reason" by Hoobastank (which is played more than any song EVER). Ugh, now I have to decide on the lesser of the two evils. Do I endure "The Reason", or do I keep flipping the stations. (keep in mind, I am impatient, but also lazy...and flipping is making me tired.)

This is the worst situation in the history of mail delivery. What do you do? 4 commercial bearing stations and a crappy song. I couldn't decide....

I turned the radio off. Silence is better than Hoobastank.

No comments: