Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Live Life to the Fullest

A lot of people say "Live life to the fullest."

Maybe my life is fullest when I'm laying on the couch.

Think about it this way:

Your Life: Busting your ace so that you can afford to travel to far off locations.
COST: Airfare, hotel, rental car, food, etc etc...$2000
My Life: Put in an almost stress-free 40, go home and WATCH far off locations on tv.
COST: Cable...monthly, $40.

You life: Bungee Jumping off of extremely high platforms, bridges, or the like.

My life: WATCHING someone else bungee jump (again, on tv), and having the satisfaction of being able to say, "I could do that, it's not that high," instead of really being there and crying like a little girl.

Your life: Going to do things and be in crowds and risk getting robbed, getting skin cancer from the sun, or dying via terroristic activity,

My life: Laying on the couch with Becky, watching reality tv and eating some Mac. Watching situations on tv that in real life would make me uncomfortable. Seeing the big cities as closely as I could in real life.

This Indiana boy has been to a lot of places: Hawaii, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Canada, Pennsylvania, New York, etc. They are nice places. But i'd rather be with Becky, or mom and dad, or Andy, or my friends, than to leave.

Life is good...live it your own way. For me, I'll take the couch.

No comments: