Monday, July 19, 2004

The Boob

I think it may be best if I did one of two things:
 
1.  Stop playing volleyball
 
or
 
2.  Get in a little bit better shape so volleyball doesn't tear me up so much.
 
I, at the last minute, decided to get a team in the BOOB tourney (Ballstown's Other Outdoor Ball...you sicko perverts).  It is an annual tournament with Men's and Women's Quads on Saturday and Co-Ed Quads on Sunday.  It's ran by a lady who I've played against for several years, so it's always nice to play in. 
 
Well, I got the old team back together...Dad, Andy, Scott and me.  I decided to just have some fun with the family.  The only problem with this was none of us had played outdoor ball in two or three years (not to mention not having played period in at least two months).  Then there are the physical things...Dad - needs a hip replacement, Andy - size, stamina, etc., Scott - not much physically wrong, Me - knees, out of shape BIG TIME, etc.
 
Sad thing is, Dad played as good or better than most of us.  Scott did well, Andy was good (struggled passing a bit), and I passed well, but that was about it.  We were off our game all day.
 
We played Wullenweber, Barton, Minger and Freak in the Semi-Finals, and got beat in three, the third game going 22-20.  So close, but thank God we lost, because I was a gas tank on empty.
 
It was a fun time, though.  It's always good to see all the old faces that I pretty much grew up with.  Another plus was playing with the guys again.  I know there won't be many more times we all take the court together.  It makes me want to play USA Volleyball this year...kinda like a last hoorah for the team.  But then again, If I feel like this after a tournament (which is BAD)...
 
Time to start working out.
 


No comments: